Made with 100% entire wheat flour, apple chunks, tons of cinnamon, and a home made caramel sauce, there’s a lot to like about these apple cinnamon waffles!
Heat up fall mornings with a stack of those apple cinnamon waffles! Every waffle is full of apple chunks, heat cinnamon, and different cozy flavors.
What You Want for Apple Cinnamon Waffles
There are 2 elements to like about these fall waffles: spiced apple waffle batter + home made caramel sauce. Right here’s what you want for every:
Apple Cinnamon Waffles
These waffles come along with nourishing waffle substances like entire wheat flour, leaveners, eggs, coconut oil, and almond milk. For the apple cinnamon twist, we use:
- Apples: You’ll want about 1 cup of diced apples (about 1-2 entire apples relying on the dimensions).
- Cinnamon: Can’t have apple cinnamon waffles with out cinnamon! Use a whopping 1.5 tablespoons for optimum cinnamon taste.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup is an all-natural sweetener that pairs splendidly with the opposite cozy substances.
This healthful home made caramel sauce comes straight from Lexi’s Clear Kitchen’s cookbook! Her cookbook is full of 150 recipes which might be paleo and gluten free pleasant, with a stellar dessert chapter that includes feel-good recipes together with this caramel sauce made with:
- Coconut Milk + Butter: Full-fat coconut milk is the bottom of this caramel sauce and is what retains it luxuriously easy.
- Maple Syrup: For sweetness.
- Flavors: Pure vanilla extract, seeds from half of a vanilla bean, and a pinch of salt add great taste.
Substitutions for Apple Cinnamon Waffles
For those who don’t have all of those waffle substances readily available, listed below are just a few substitutions to strive:
Flour: Use traditional all-purpose flour rather than the white entire wheat pastry flour.
Cinnamon: Apple pie spice can be unbelievable in these waffles. Use 1.5-2 tablespoons rather than the cinnamon.
Eggs: As an alternative of standard eggs, use 2 flax eggs.
Milk: Use your favourite type of dairy or non-dairy milk on this recipe. Oat milk can be scrumptious!
For enjoyable, use this recipe to make caramel apple cinnamon pancakes! Skinny the batter out by including about 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra milk. Cook dinner pancakes over medium warmth for about 90 seconds per aspect.
Do that you must peel the apples first?
We advocate it, sure! It’s not vital, however we love utilizing peeled, diced apples for these waffles.
How thick ought to the waffle batter be?
The batter needs to be somewhat thicker than pancake batter, however not too thick! If the batter is just too thick, add 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time till the batter is skinny sufficient.
Are you able to make these waffles with out the caramel sauce?
Completely. The caramel sauce is a superb addition to those waffles, however be at liberty to skip it altogether. Prime every waffle with nut butter, syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or recent fruit as an alternative.
Storing Apple Cinnamon Waffles
Waffles (and pancakes) are a surprisingly nice make-ahead breakfast recipe. They reheat simply within the toaster or microwave for a fast breakfast to take pleasure in all week lengthy. Retailer apple waffles in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
How you can Freeze Waffles
Freeze leftovers or whip up a double or triple batch of waffles to maintain readily available within the freezer for each time the waffle temper strikes! To freeze waffles:
- Let the waffles cool fully to stop freezer burn. This retains the waffles as recent as potential.
- Stack 2 waffles collectively. Tightly wrap with a chunk of plastic wrap and place in an hermetic container (we love this Stasher bag). Be sure that to take away as a lot air as potential.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
How you can Reheat Frozen Waffles
When able to reheat frozen waffles, you’ve gotten 2 choices:
- Possibility 1 (advisable): Minimize the frozen waffles in half and toast on medium. This crisps up the waffles as they heat up – and who doesn’t like a crispy waffle?!
- Possibility 2: Thaw waffles within the fridge in a single day and microwave for a couple of minute within the morning.
Prime a stack of apple cinnamon waffles with a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped nuts or apples, or perhaps a dollop of applesauce. For a heartier meal, serve with scrambled eggs (or your favourite type of eggs), a strawberry smoothieor recent fruit.
Apple Cinnamon Waffles with Caramel Sauce
Mild and fluffy, these apple cinnamon waffles are completely spiced and topped with a must-make home made caramel sauce.
Cook dinner:40 minutes
For the Waffles
Preheat the waffle iron to medium warmth.
In a big bowl, mix the dry substances.
Combine within the moist substances apart from the coconut oil.
Pour within the melted coconut oil and blend till easy.
Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on either side. Scoop about 2/3 cup of batter into the waffle iron. Shut the waffle iron, flip, and cook dinner for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds (relying on how sizzling your iron is).
Switch the cooked waffles to a plate, cowl with foil to maintain heat, and repeat the method till the entire waffle batter is used up.
For Lexi’s Clear Kitchen’s All-Goal Caramel Sauce
Mix the entire caramel sauce substances in a saucepan. Deliver the combination to a boil over medium warmth. As soon as boiling, scale back the warmth to low and let simmer for half-hour or till the caramel begins to thicken and might coat the again of a spoon. For thicker caramel, let the sauce simmer longer.
Take away the saucepan from the warmth and let it cool for five minutes. The longer it cools, the thicker it is going to be.
Drizzle onto pancakes and luxuriate in.
Suggestions & Notes for Apple Cinnamon Waffles
- Storage: Retailer these apple waffles in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Freezing Directions: Let the waffles cool fully. As soon as cool, stack 2 waffles collectively and tightly wrap with a chunk of plastic wrap. Place in an hermetic container and freeze for as much as 3 months. When able to reheat, lower the frozen waffles in half and toast on medium. Or, thaw waffles within the fridge in a single day and microwave for a couple of minute within the morning.
- Caramel Sauce Storage: Let the caramel cool fully, switch to an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 2 weeks. When able to serve, let the sauce come to room temperature or heat it up on the range.
- Almond Milk: The batter needs to be somewhat thicker than pancake batter, however not too thick! Begin with 1 cup of almond milk. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon at a time till the batter is skinny sufficient.
- For Pancakes: Skinny the batter out by including about 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra almond milk. Cook dinner pancakes over medium warmth for about 90 seconds per aspect.