Hen parmesan quinoa casserole is strictly what it appears like. Juicy, tacky hen parmesan on high of a quinoa marinara base!
Every time I make this quinoa casserole recipe, it will get higher and higher. I like that this simple meal requires just one pot and is full of a lot protein (thanks hen and quinoa).
The bottom of this dish tastes similar to spaghetti however is made with out noodles and quinoa as an alternative. It packs in tons of veggies – mushrooms, onion, inexperienced pepper, and quinoa. Then, on high, is straightforward and flavorful parmesan chicken.
What you Want for Hen Parmesan Quinoa Casserole
On this mouth-watering quinoa bake, we mix quinoa, diced inexperienced pepper, mushrooms, and finely diced yellow onion as the bottom.
Quinoa Casserole Variations
- Vegetarian Pleasant: Substitute hen with sliced eggplant; the cooking time stays the identical for that fluffy quinoa.
- Gluten-Free: Go for a gluten-free flour for the parmesan coating.
- Cheese Selection: Swap shredded parmesan for a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella for a gooey twist.
- Add Extra Veggies: Be happy so as to add no matter veggies you’ve got readily available into the quinoa base. Strive broccoli, zucchini, or peas.
Can I exploit a unique grain?
Sure, however now we have not examined every other grains. Rice may offer you an analogous final result with the ratio to liquid.
How do I make it spicier?
Add purple pepper flakes to the marinara sauce.
Can I exploit store-bought marinara?
Completely, although home made is all the time a flavorful improve.
Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. When you’re freezing it, be certain that to thaw it utterly within the fridge earlier than reheating. Casseroles like this one really enhance in taste over time!
- Pair this casserole with a crisp, inexperienced salad to spherical out the meal.
- A sprinkle of recent basil or a touch of purple pepper flakes can add a burst of colour and taste simply earlier than serving.
Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 14-inch x 10-inch (OR 9-inch x 12-inch) ceramic casserole dish with cooking spray.
Prep veggies by dicing a complete inexperienced pepper and 1.5 cups of mushrooms. Finely cube 1/2 a yellow onion.
Place 1 cup of raw quinoa on the underside of your casserole dish after which layer on veggies. Add 3 cups of marinara sauce, 1 cup of hen broth, and a tablespoon of minced garlic to the casserole dish and blend all the things collectively. Put aside.
In a medium-size bowl, combine collectively flour, shredded parmesan, and garlic powder. Then, crack an egg right into a small bowl and whisk.
Prep hen breast by dipping into the egg after which into the parmesan combination ensuring all the things is generously coated. Place hen breast on high of quinoa combination
Lastly, sprinkle on the leftover parmesan combination and much more cheese if you happen to want. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
Cowl baking dish with tinfoil after which bake at 375ºF 40 minutes. Then, uncover the baking dish and bake for an extra 20 minutes or till quinoa is totally cooked.
Ideas & Notes
- In case you are making this recipe, a ceramic casserole dish goes to be your finest wager. Ceramic dishes warmth your meals a lot hotter than a basic cake pan, so do be aware this with bake time! PS: right here’s the one we have.
- Vegetarian possibility: we additionally examined this recipe with eggplant and it was scrumptious. Simply slice your eggplant, scorching dog-style, and comply with the instructions similar to the hen. You’ll nonetheless have to bake for the complete 60 minutes as a result of that’s how lengthy the quinoa will take to fluff.
Energy: 353kcal Carbohydrates: 32g Protein: 31g Fats: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g